New User Registration
Solid State Squad Rules of Engagement
Please read these rules carefully before continuing.
In the interests of maintaining the enjoyability of the site for everyone, here's a few simple dos and don'ts. To keep things fair we may have to remove or disable your account if you break the rules below, so please try to follow them. In the event of any discrepancy between the various translations of the site, the English version is the official one.
- Don't lie about your scores. Solid State Squad operates on the honour system, so if you can't tell the truth then we don't want you here. All scores that you post publically to the rankings must be genuine and you must be able to back them up with proof if required.
- Don't submit scores from simulators or scores attained by more than 1 person. Solid State Squad accepts scores from genuine versions of Pop'n Music only - this is non-negotiable. All scores submitted to the site must be scores personally attained by the account holder on their own.
- Don't be a jerk. This one mostly applies to the forums - don't be horribly obnoxious, or horribly obsessive. Don't pick fights with people for no reason and don't start drama. If your purpose in life is to sow discord, please sow it elsewhere.
- Do make sure you understand the rules for arcade scores. While arcade scores are provisionally allowed here, you may not use any mods (including speed mods) that would not be available on the most recent home version featuring the song in question. So no speed mods above 4x for Pop'n 8 and earlier, and no .5 speed mods except on Fever. If in doubt, play the song on a home version instead. In addition, you should take a photo of every arcade score you submit so that you can provide proof if you are challenged.
- Do respond to challenges in a timely manner. If you're a fresh face around here and you're especially good at the game, you might get challenged. Take it as a compliment! Just make sure you provide photographic evidence of your score within a week, or your scores may be disqualified from the rankings until you do. So that you can respond to challenges quickly, it's in your interests to make sure your email address is valid, and to check the forums regularly.
- Do your homework. If you have a question about Bemani or Pop'n Music, great! Check the wiki first to make sure the answer isn't there, and if you still don't know then try asking on the forums. Please don't contact the management directly with questions unless they relate to problems with your account or the site itself.
- Do let us know what you think. If you've got feedback, good or bad, we'd love to hear it. Comments, praise, criticism and especially bug reports can either be posted on the forums or emailed directly in. Please note however that the Pop'n Division is only a temporary site and will eventually be replaced with a complete redesign - so please only report issues that completely prevent you from using an important aspect of the site.
Got all that? Great. Let's sign you up!